Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Medicine
Wounds and Injuries can be caused by accidents, falls, hits, diseases such as diabetes or peripheral arerial disease.
Such wounds often present with pain in the affected area, swelling, bruising, bleeding, rupture of vital organs.
Treatment depends on the type, cause and depth of the wound.
Minor wounds heal on their own and do not require treatment but depending on the types of injury and the extent – slow or non-healing wounds can be primarily or secondarily life-threatening.
Chronic wound care treatment calls for
physicians and staff who are extensively
Premier Valley's partnership with
Good Samaritan Wound Center allows
quick access to those highly trained providers
at our Aldrin court location.
Good Samaritan Wound care is under
the leadership of
Dr. Kapadia and Teresa Brown LVN.
Your medical provider can request
authorization from your health insurance.
Most appointments can be scheduled within
a couple of days of authorization
and request being received by our office.
Kern Health system members do not require
prior authorization for evaluations,
we can submit plan of care and request
for authorization on your behalf
for any future visits.
• Arterial ulcers
• Diabetic ulcers
• Post-op wounds
• Bone infection (osteomyelitis)
• Chronic skin tears or lacerations
• Circulatory problems / pressure sores
• Failing or compromised skin or muscle grafts or flaps
• Post-operative infections
• Radiation burns
• Slow-healing surgical wounds
Adults with diabetes undergo amputation due to non-healing wounds every year.
What is Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy,
who would benefit from this therapy?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy delivers higher levels of oxygen to the body in a controlled environment. Ultimately, this process helps fight bacteria, stimulates healthy cells, and enhances your body’s natural
• Diabetic wounds of the lower extremities
• Bone Infections (Osteomyelitis)
• Complications from radiation exposure
• Insufficient oxygen to tissue
• Blood flow interrupted by trauma
• Crush injuries and suturing of severed limbs
• Reservation of compromised skin grafts
• Soft tissue radio-necrosis
Please call for more information or to set up your consultation.